Scenic Rim Eat Local Week marks 10 years of flavour with more than 125 events at 48 locations from 26 June to 4 July
Foodies are proving they’re hungry for Scenic Rim Eat Local Week with many events already selling out.
It’s a chance to celebrate delicious food in 2021, with Eat Local Week held from June 26 through to July 4, with prelude events staged in Brisbane and the region.
It is the biggest program in the event’s 10 year history with over 125 events across 48 locations.
Scenic Rim Regional Council Mayor Greg Christensen said he was thrilled events were selling out already, and urged people to buy tickets to their favourite events now.
“After being postponed last year, Scenic Rim Eat Local Week is back and proving to be so much more than just tasting our amazing local food and wine.
“The event showcases the region as a leading destination, driving tourism, fostering community pride and generating ongoing economic benefits. In 2019 Eat Local Week generated nearly $2million for the regional economy, and we look forward to doing this again in 2021.”
“Tickets sales are showing that people really are after a range of experiences, from the marque dining adventures, to cooking classes, kids activities and overnight stays and tours,” he said.
A highlight entrée highlight to Eat Local Week is the Decade of Delicious dinner at Rosewood Estate on the stunning Lamington Plateau at Beechmont on Saturday June 19.
This event stars Scenic Rim Regional Food Ambassadors in Josue Lopez, Ash Martin, Javier Codina, Kate Raymont, Glen Barratt, Cameron Mathews and Brenda Fawdon.
Scenic Rim will play host to featured events from Canungra and right across to The Lost World, Beaudesert to Boonah, Tamborine Mountain to Kalbar.
Scenic Rim Eat Local Week 2021 is the ultimate backstage pass to the farms, wineries and food stories of this extraordinary region.
Over the past 10 years, Eat Local Week has grown to become one of Australia’s most authentic food festivals and this year will be attended by an army of eat local champions.
The program includes festivals, farm-gate events and culinary experiences for foodies of all ages, from Jamming with the Lambs at Towri Sheep Cheeses, Breakfast with the Jersey Girls at Tommerup’s Dairy Farm and Beer & Banter at the Scenic Rim Brewery.
Add to that long lunches and degustations under the stars, to the Kalbar-BQ, Kalfresh Carrot Day and the Winter Harvest Festival, to wine tastings, cocktail masterclasses and sunset experiences.
Eat Local Week is set against the natural beauty of the Scenic Rim, a region of more than 4,200 square kilometres of rich volcanic soil surrounded by ancient mountains and home to thousands of farmers and food creators.
Be part of the Eat Local Week ultimate moment checklist:
From selfies to sunsets, paddocks to plateaus, carrot patches to pumpkin smashing, here’s a top 10 memory moments for you to fill in 2021…
1. FARM GATES – the essence of Eat Local Week; try Running Creek Beef, Tommerup’s Dairy Farm and the NEW Scenic Rim Farm Box Shop, as well as our famous Winter Harvest Festival
2. CAMEL SELFIE – but beware because the Summer Land Camels also like to steal smooches
3. CARROT SELFIE – given the Scenic Rim produces 600 million carrots, you’ll find one that suits. There’s the famous Kalfresh Carrot Day, and you’ll also find them on menus, in icecream, beer, cakes and more.
4. ALPACA & PETALS SELFIE – take the cutest selfie ever, while on a picnic in the petals at Pretty Produce with your very own personal alpaca. Not kidding.
5. LAMBS, PIGS, GOATS & COWS – the Scenic Rim is home to the most adorable baby animals. Head to Towri Sheep Cheeses, Tommerup’s Dairy Farm, and Running Creek Beef.
6. THE PERFECT SUNSET – from Milford Country Cottages, The Overflow Estate 1895 or Mt Barney Lodge.
7. FOOD ENVY – from creations by superchef Josh Lopez at the Decade of Delicious – 10th Anniversary Dinner, to the Roaming Degustation at Homage, The Long Lunch at Kooroomba, the Country Heart & Soul Dinner at Running Creek Beef and all in between, the options are endless.
8. SCENIC SIPS – sip and smile at Witches Falls Winery, Mason Wines, Sarabah Estate, O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards, The Overflow Estate 1895, Tamborine Mountain Distillery and the Scenic Rim Brewery.
9. SCENIC ROADS – celebrate the spaces between tastes! Enjoy the winding roads, spectacular mountaintops, paddocks of green, running creeks and beautiful roadside stops.
10. TRACTORS – the Kalbar & District Community Bank Tractor Pulling Competition @ the Winter Harvest Festival on Saturday July 3 is simply brilliant.
The only thing missing from this picture is you – take an Alpaca picnic break at the Canungra Valley Vineyards – be sure to book for Scenic Rim Eat Local Week now
The action never stops across the Scenic rim where you don’t want to miss the kids cheese workshop at Towri Sheep Cheeses where the sheep are on hand to help you test their cheese produce.