Of the seven directors appointed for the next Grains Research Development Corporation (GRDC) three-year term that commenced on 1 October 2020 three are reappointments and four are new appointees.
“The appointment of the next non-executive directors is paramount to realising the priorities highlighted in GRDC’s Research, Development and Extension Plan for 2018‑2023,” Agriculture Minister Littleproud said.
“The directors will oversee approximately $114 million in grain levies and approximately $60 million in government matched funds.
“GRDC has set ambitious targets and is delivering on a long-term strategy to create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers.
“The directors’ role is to deliver the best possible research and development to support Australian grain producers to be profitable and succeed in the highly competitive global grain market.
“For example, through strategic investment led by GRDC and its directors, Australian scientists have developed a new tool to better determine when to act against Russian wheat aphid, to reduce harvest losses.
“GRDC is also hosting a series of half-day forums that focus on harvest loss reduction, harvest weed seed control and preventing harvester fires.
“This work of the GRDC leadership team will enable growers, advisers and contractors to learn about strategies to improve harvest practices from industry experts.
“Research and development led by GRDC benefits our hard‑working grain growers, ensuring that more grain goes in the bin and more money ends up in their pockets.
“I’m confident the new board members are the right people to lead the GRDC through the challenges ahead.
“I congratulate the new directors and look forward to working together to benefit our rural and regional communities.
“I also want to take this opportunity to thank outgoing directors for the leadership, skills and expertise they brought to the GRDC’s operations during their appointments.” Agriculture Minister Littleproud concluded.
Here are the newly appointed GRDC board members:
• Ms Roseanne Healy – Managing Director, Enterprise Corporation, South Australia (reappointment)
• Mr Richard Heath – Executive Director, Australia Farm Institute, New South Wales (reappointment)
• Mrs Sharon Starick – Primary Producer, South Australia (reappointment)
• Mr Richard Dickmann – Head of Public and Government Affairs, Bayer Australia Ltd, Victoria (new appointment)
• Mr Bob Nixon – Primary Producer, Western Australia (new appointment)
• Mr Andrew Spencer – Principal, Ancer Consulting Pty Ltd, New South Wales (new appointment).
• Ms Gemma Walker – Primary Producer, Western Australia (new appointment).
• Ms Dianne Angus – 1 October 2017 to 30 September 2020
• Professor Christopher Blanchard – 1 October 2017 to 30 September 2020
• Dr Helen Garnett PSM – 4 November 2014 to 30 September 2020
• Professor Stephen Powles – 1 October 2017 to 30 September 2020